Kirkby needs an effective public transport system which makes getting around the town quick and affordable.
Some of the major concerns raised are the lack of good links to the surrounding areas and the congestion on our roads.
1st 4 Kirkby candidates have been attending Public Transport Forums, speaking with members of the community and communicating with Merseytravel and Stagecoach in order to improve the services.
- Better local bus routes inside of Kirkby and Field Lane
- Local ticket prices for local bus routes
- Second rail station on Headbolt Lane
- New bus station in the Town Centre
- Improved shelters across Kirkby
- Bus routes to key destinations outside of Kirkby (hospitals, places of work and learning, etc.)